[dm-devel] dm-multipath + iscsi-initiator-core success, example, and questions

Nicholas A. Bellinger nick at pyxtechnologies.com
Fri Apr 1 20:27:03 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 10:35 +0200, Christophe Varoqui wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 03:52:11PM -0800, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:

> > IO never goes back across iSCSI Channel 20.  I also noticed that this
> > does not occur every time iSCSI Channel 20 is paused.  Sometimes IO will
> > stop over iSCSI Channel 21 as well, but iSCSI Channel 20 can be started
> > and IO resumes correctly to both iSCSI Channels.
> >
> > So my main question is this, once the iSCSI Channel is restarted and IO
> > is allowed to flow again, how does dm-multipath know that the device is
> > unlocked and online?
> >
> It's userspace responsability to maintain the device map.
> In the current available implementation, multipathd does the path checking and reinstate offline paths when they come back up.

The problem that I have been encountering is multipathd never testing
for the path (iSCSI Channel 20 in the above example) once the struct
scsi_device goes from a blocked to unblocked state.  Is there anything
that I am missing in the setup in the above example?

Thanks!

--
Nicholas A. Bellinger <nick at pyxtechnologies.com>