[dm-devel] New -udm?

Mike Christie mikenc at us.ibm.com
Sun Apr 10 23:36:53 UTC 2005

christophe varoqui wrote:
> On dim, 2005-04-10 at 21:29 +0200, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
>
>>Hi Alasdair,
>>
>>I'm resync'ing against -udm and would like to pull all recent fixes if
>>possible. Do you have anything more recent than the 2.6.11-rc3-udm2?
>>

>>Sincerely,
>>    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>
>>
> There is this hwhandler from Dave Olien, that needs auditing, but is a
> must-have for StorageWorks and FSC FibreCat users.
>
> http://christophe.varoqui.free.fr/multipath-tools/dm-scsi-start.patch
>
> Would be good to have in an enterprise distro ...
>
> Regards,

+static void sstart_pg_init(struct hw_handler *hwh, unsigned bypassed,
+			struct path *path)
+{
+	struct block_device *bdev = path->dev->bdev;
+	struct gendisk *disk = bdev->bd_disk;
+	struct scsi_device *sdev = scsi_disk(disk)->device;
+	int result;
+
+	result = scsi_ioctl(sdev, SCSI_IOCTL_START_UNIT, NULL);

is scsi_ioctl depreciated for this use? Besides that I think it
allocates memory with GFP_KERNEL which I do not think you want here, and
you will want some way to gaurantee you can make forward progress.

+	dm_pg_init_complete(path, result?MP_FAIL_PATH:0);
+}
+