[dm-devel] release 0.4.4 ?

christophe varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Wed Apr 20 16:27:11 UTC 2005

On mer, 2005-04-20 at 17:06 +0100, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 05:01:07PM +0200, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> > But I think it's pretty obvious that multipath is needed before /var is
> > mounted, I think.
>
> I would prefer to see the temporary file disappear completely:
> as I see things, it was a quick workaround for a problem until
> there's time to replace it with a better permanent solution.

Yes, it is a workaround fited to 0.4.4
0.4.5 won't use a cache, as Alasdair suggests.

In the mean time, the problem boils down to which distro will maintain a
patch over 0.4.4 to set the cache location to the place it feels
appropriate.

Volonteers ?

May be some other location can be agreed on ?

Regards,
--
christophe varoqui <christophe.varoqui at free.fr>