[dm-devel] Making failover work quickly with QLogic HBAs

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Thu Apr 21 13:48:53 UTC 2005

On 2005-04-21T14:21:25, Arthur Bergman <sky at nanisky.com> wrote:

> There has been discussions that this is not supported behaviour and
> could cause problems, in particular the supported configurations of big
> blue for their SDD multipath product states that you shouldn't do
> this...

This is about DM multipath, not about SDD multipath, so I couldn't care
less about what big blue supports there ;-)

But seriously, can you point me at those discussions? Are there any real
problems caused by this beyond the depreciated sdd multipath...? It
seems to help quite a bit for me; w/o, failover times are inacceptable.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering