[dm-devel] how to de-install LVM on the root partition?

Gary Funck gary at intrepid.com
Fri Aug 5 01:57:05 UTC 2005

Hello,

We're running Fedora FC4, and when we did the install, we set up '/'
as a managed volume.  I'd like to revert '/' back to a regular
ext3 filesystem, but am uncertain as to how to do that.  I'm guessing
that parted won't cooperate if I ask it to change the partition from
LVM to ext3, or will it?  I know that I'll need to edit grub.conf,
and /etc/fstab once I've reverted '/', but need to know if there's
a way to do this other reformatting and restoring files from a
backup?