[dm-devel] multipath-tools-0.4.4 on 3par unknown path failure issue

Alan Kasindorf akasindorf at mail.communityconnect.com
Wed Aug 17 19:38:38 UTC 2005

I could use some suggestions on how to approach the issue at this
point... We're in a bad position because this bug did not come out
during a single instance test.

I have tried adjusting QLogic timeouts and any related parameters to see
if a higher or lower timeout would affect the issue at all, and it's
done nothing but make the problem worse.

I'm confident in what folks have said about 2.6.12 and later not
exhibiting this issue. However, I have a redhat kernel running Oracle,
and we need them to not drop our support. Currently redhat's support is
ignoring me as well. Should I talk with the QLogic maintainer at all?
3par has no clue, unless they're hiding their "Linux guy" from me.

Does SuSE professional have this patched up? We might be able to switch
to their distro if they will actually support multipathing on a database
in their mainline kernel, vs not at all.

Thanks,
-Alan