[dm-devel] path notification not working using on Suse SP2

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Mon Jul 11 10:01:08 UTC 2005

On 2005-07-08T17:45:20, "Murthy, Narasimha Doraswamy (STSD)" <narasimha.murthy at hp.com> wrote:

Hi, posting to public mailing lists about bugs in our Release Candidate
products isn't very nice ;-) And, it's bound to be overlooked, because
during final product stages, monitoring public lists sort of takes a
back seat... Please use the Novell bugzilla via your partner processes
to file such bug reports.  Thanks.

> We have tried the same on Suse SP2- rc2, rc3 and rc4. The behaviour is
> the same, when the "readsector0" path checker is used for path
> verification.

This might be a side effect of bug #95907 which Ed reported, and which
was very recently fixed (well, ok, I committed the fix to our kernel 2
hours ago ;-).

But without logs, it's hard to say. Please, file a bugzilla report if
(the now released) SLES9 SP2 still exhibits the problem. And please also
try a kernel of the day from ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/kernel/ which

Mon Jul 11 11:08:11 CEST 2005 - lmb at suse.de

- patches.fixes/sg_io_error_passing: Propagate errors correctly for
  SG_IO ops (#95907).

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--