[dm-devel] Multipathing hints request

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Sun Jul 24 20:02:38 UTC 2005

On 2005-07-22T14:09:55, Philipp Niemann <niemann at dimdi.de> wrote:

> Well, almost at it.
>
> On Fri, 22.07.2005-11:58:28 +0200, Christophe Varoqui wrote:
> > hardware_handler and features params must be in the devices {} section, not in multipaths {}.
>
> I changed the settings in /etc/multipath.conf again, as you advised.
> Here is it:
>
> # Begin of /etc/multipath.conf
> defaults {
>         multipath_tool  "/sbin/multipath -v 0 -S"
>         udev_dir        /dev
>         polling_interval 10
>         default_selector        "round-robin 0"
>         default_path_grouping_policy    failover
>         default_getuid_callout  "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
>         default_prio_callout    "/bin/false"
>         default_features        "0"
> }

> multipaths {
>         multipath {
>                 wwid                    360060160200161a037f90d75dfca84f7
>                 alias                   416L3
>                 path_grouping_policy    failover
>                 path_selector           "round-robin 0"
>         }
> }
> devices {
>         device {
>                 vendor                  "DGC     "
>                 product                 "RAID 5          "
>                 path_grouping_policy    group_by_serial
>                 getuid_callout          "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
>                 path_checker            emc_clariion
>                 path_selector           "round-robin 0"
>                 features                "0"
>                 hardware_handler        "1 emc"
>         }

For the Clariion 4500, you need to set the hardware_handler to
	"3 emc 1 0"

(The trespass command to transfer ownership of a LU from one
Service-Processor to the other is different from the FC4500 to the EMC
CX series. I've got to admit I've not tested the FC4500 yet, though.)

You also want the pp_emc callout from the newer multipath-tools
package and use that as the priority callout, and group by priority.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering