[dm-devel] path notification not working using on Suse SP2

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Sun Jul 24 20:20:50 UTC 2005

On 2005-07-11T13:45:36, "goggin, edward" <egoggin at emc.com> wrote:

> > Hi, posting to public mailing lists about bugs in our Release
> > Candidate products isn't very nice ;-)
> I agree and I apologize to you and Novell/SuSE for doing so.

Just a note in general, it's obviously alright and great if we discuss
bugs here which are present in upstream, but it's better for Alasdair's
and my tracking if bugs which are dist-specific (like, not backported
issues) are reported directly.

For bugs upstream which you want fixed in our respective releases, it
helps if you also file a stub in the respective bugzilla pointing to the
upstream discussion.

Otherwise they might get lost or not paid attention to quickly enough,
for example Alasdair and I were both travelling this week. (Well, so
were you, and it was great meeting you finally being able to put a
person to the voice on the conference calls ;-)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering