[dm-devel] further testing w/ multipath ... and bugs

christophe varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Mon Jun 13 21:37:33 UTC 2005

On lun, 2005-06-13 at 14:36 -0500, Mike Christie wrote:
> Christophe Varoqui wrote:
> >
> >  rport-0:0-0: blocked FC remote port time out: removing target
> >  rport-0:0-1: blocked FC remote port time out: removing target
>
> I think if we end up doing this to all the devices paths we are going to
> be screwed. If all the paths suddenly fail and then those devices are
> freed when trying to readd/create devices when the ports come back is
> going to take a lot of GFP_KERNELs.

Right.

One thing I don't understand in the current scheme is why io are not
rerouted by the DM multipath target between the LOOP_DOWN and the rport
target removal ...

If io could get rerouted within a few seconds, we could set a target
removal multi-minutes timer, which should cover most reasonable SAN
failure scenarii.

Regards,
--
christophe varoqui <christophe.varoqui at free.fr>