[dm-devel] StorageWorks multipath support

Christophe Varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Wed Jun 15 14:40:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 04:13:02PM +0200, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

> The emc_clariion checker considers the "ghost" paths to be healthy
> because of that. (Which is true: they haven't failed, they are just
> passive.)

ah ok, I missed that refinement in the emc checker.
Do you want to send the patch to move this checker to a tri-state like hp_sw ?

> > Can you elaborate on what you have in mind ?
>
> Well, basically I'd like it if a SIGHUP would still cause the daemon to
> reload the configuration and rescan the mappings. (Which is a common use
> of SIGHUP.) Then we'd get the best of both worlds, we could re-trigger
> it on the old dists and use the more efficient uevent on newer kernels.

Well, seems a reasonable feature indeed. I defered implementing this because you are almost equally served with a daemon restart.

Do you consider Alasdair's proposition (fs-socket) complementary, best, ... ?

Regards,
cvaroqui