[dm-devel] device mapper and resizing devices

Arthur Bergman sky at nanisky.com
Tue Mar 1 21:11:53 UTC 2005

As far as I understand this is not supported. What we do is we add a
new device, we then do sg_reset -b /dev/sgX and then we add them into
the volume group and then we resize it.

I would also warn you that we have seen corruption repeatable times
with xfs over devicemapper under 2.6.

Cheers
Arthur

-----