[dm-devel] DM, Multipath, and LSI Disk Arrays

christophe varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Sun Mar 13 00:41:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 09:26 -0500, Chris Penney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right list so apologies in advance if I'm
> in the wrong spot.  The search tool for this list doesn't seem to work
> either.
>
> I have an Intel system with dual Qlogic HBAs (2340s) that talk to an
> STK D280 disk array (I see the generic multipath.conf lists a D280 as
> a device in the config file).  I'm using SLES 9 SP1 w/ multipath-tools
> 0.3.6-0.3.
>
> They way the system is setup, hba1 talks to the A controller of the
> D280 and hba2 talks to the B controller (they are on seperate sans).
> The box has four luns, two are active on port A and two are active on
> port B.  When I let multipath do it's thing it wants to use port B for
> everything and that triggers a fail over of the A luns to port B.
>
> If I do the dmsetup commands by hand I can get what I want, but is
> there a way to do this automatically?  The thought of having a self
> made hack init script to do this seems highly suspect.

Hello,

the priority framework is here to help .

You need a priority helper to hand a higher priority to the active
paths. I don't know if someone already developped such a prioritizer for
your hardware.

Hope it helps enough to get you a step forward.

Regards,
--
christophe varoqui <christophe.varoqui at free.fr>