[dm-devel] RE: patch to enable creating device attributes before exporting h otpl ug/uevent for device kobject

goggin, edward egoggin at emc.com
Fri Nov 11 01:34:42 UTC 2005

OK.  Thanks.

>   - your patch was line-wrapped, and could not be applied :(

I'm having a terrible time with the line-wrapping.  I'll work on it.

>   - No Signed-off-by: line as per the rules specified in
>     Documentation/SubmittingPatches.

Guilty as charged.  I'll read Documentation/SubmittingPatches.  Thanks.

> Ok, now, what exactly are you trying to solve here?  With 2.6.14 and
> udev handling the hotplug control, you should not see any need for a
> change like this.

The multipathd uevent handler is sometimes failing to find attribute files
for scsi sysfs kobjects like those found under /sys/block/sda/device/
because
these sysfs attributes are created after the kobject is added to sysfs.
Hotplug
and udev are not involved.