[dm-devel] I/O errors?

andysayshi andysayshi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 21:07:00 UTC 2005

Hey,

I've recently upgraded from device-mapper-multipath 0.4.4 to 0.4.5 and
since, occasionally i am noticing errors like these appearing in the
logs/dmesg:

Buffer I/O error on device sdm, logical block 11
Buffer I/O error on device sdm, logical block 12

scsi5 (0,4,2) : reservation conflict
scsi5 (0,4,2) : reservation conflict

st2: Error 18 (sugg. bt 0x0, driver bt 0x0, host bt 0x0).
scsi5 (0,4,2) : reservation conflict
st1: Error 18 (sugg. bt 0x0, driver bt 0x0, host bt 0x0).

Would these be dm-mpath related? If so, can someone help me decipher what
they are and how to resolve them (are they critical?), or point me to
references if it's already been documented (i did a quick check, didnt find
any info yet, still checking).

# uname -r
2.6.9-22.ELsmp
# rpm -qa|grep mapper