[dm-devel] [ANNOUNCE] block layer (request based) multipath v1

Mike Christie michaelc at cs.wisc.edu
Thu Oct 20 20:05:10 UTC 2005

Christophe Varoqui wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 01:20:44AM -0500, Mike Christie wrote:
>
>>Version 1 and maybe the only version :)

>>I think the only items I have left to convert are some of the dm ioctls,
>>but that is trivial and the defaults are ok for usage. For example I
>>have not implemted a sysfs attr to read/write queue_if_no_path and a
>>timeout attr so we do not have to wait forever on it.
>>
>>Comments???? Should I work with Christophe to convert the userspace tools?
>>

> Nice,
>
> can libdevmapper event listening mecanisms be replaced by the uevents listener ?
> IOW, will all necessary attribute changes be reported as uevents ?

It looks like I am going to redo the patches and make it so dm call
request_fns. So we are basicall going to fix up dm-multipath instead of
making yet another multipath driver :)

> Events needed are :
> - multipath topology changes :
>   - path add/remove (well, this one is guarantied through /block I guess)
>   - attributes changes
>   - path state changes / path reinstates
>   - path group switches
> - multipath add/remove (Deduce from /block uevents ?)

I was just wondering where is all this netlink stuff? I have not seen a
dm-netlink interface patch. Are you just keying of events from the
kobject stuff?