[dm-devel] User friendly names patch.

Christophe Varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Tue Oct 25 19:37:41 UTC 2005

> How about I make the bindings file location configurable, so that everyone
> can be happy with the location? I'll leave the default location where it
> is now when I send the patch.  If you would like to change it to someplace in
> /etc when you commit it, go ahead.

Agreed, I guess we can get off with a multipath(8) flag to specify an
exotic location in the init{rd,ramfs} and leave the normal location
in /var.

I merged the patch as-is today.

Can you craft a patch to move the bindings file locking method from
"non-block + retry" to "block + timeout", if it makes sense to you too.

Regards,
cvaroqui