[dm-devel] LVM2, RHEL 4 update 2: can't remove logical volume

Stefan Bader Stefan.Bader at de.ibm.com
Thu Oct 27 16:31:39 UTC 2005

Brian,

the most simple one depends a bit on mp-tools device names. There are some
discussions about device names... What I did was to use the alias feature
to name
the disks like mpdisk*

Then the following filter would just allow these:

filter = [ "a|/mapper/mpdisk.*|", "r|.*|" ]

If you have other devices that should be used for volume groups, these
would have
to be added as well. It is sometimes a bit of an experiment. Chnage the
config file,
run vgscan and look at /etc/lvm/.cache which devices are used...

Stefan

SW Linux on zSeries Development & Services
Stefan.Bader at de.ibm.com
  When all other means of communication fail, try words.