[dm-devel] /dev/dm-N and Veritas?

Bruen, Mark mbruen at trilegiant.com
Mon Oct 31 20:04:08 UTC 2005

I would like to use "device mapper" for multipathing which I have setup
and Veritas Volume Manager for Virtualization. I normally  create LUNs
on the SAN and they show up as /dev/sdX, /dev/sdY, etc... I initialize
them for use with Veritas Volume Manager which allows me to expand
filesystems across multiple LUNs, create snapshots, split disks off for
deporting, etc...
I have many years of Veritas experience and none with LVM so I would
(for now anyway) like to use the multipathed devices /dev/dm-N with
Veritas. Is it possible?
Thanks.
    -Mark

Christophe Varoqui wrote:

>On lun, 2005-10-31 at 14:27 -0500, Bruen, Mark wrote:
>

>>Anyone using Veritas to manage their /dev/dm-N devices?
>>Thanks.
>>

>I guess few people can understand what you mean.
>For one, I can't, sorry.
>
>Regards,
>cvaroqui
>

>--

Mark Bruen
mbruen at trilegiant.com
203-416-2358

What information consumes is rather obvious: it consumes the attention
of it's recipients. Hence a wealth of information creates a poverty of
attention..."
-Herbert Simon, Computer Scientist, Psychologist, Nobel Laureate
in Economics, 1978

The information in this electronic mail message is Trilegiant
Confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee(s). Access to this Internet electronic mail message by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of
any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent. This
message and its attachments could have been infected during transmission.
By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts
full responsibility for taking protective and remedial action about
viruses and other defects. Trilegiant Corporation is not liable for any
loss or damage arising in any way from this message or its attachments.