[dm-devel] Re: blacklisted paths?

Ray Stell stellr at cns.vt.edu
Tue Sep 20 12:01:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:07:18 -070, Mike Anderson wrote:
>Well I do not have a good explanation why the blacklisting is not more
>consistent, but can you send your /etc/multipath.conf. I might suspect
>that a devnode_blacklist regular expression maybe matching resulting in
>blacklisting when it should not.

Thanks for looking at this problem:

# cat /etc/multipath.conf
# Blacklist all devices by default. Remove this to enable multipathing
# on the default devices.
##
## This is a template multipath-tools configuration file
## Uncomment the lines relevent to your environment
##
defaults {
        multipath_tool  "/sbin/multipath -v0"
        udev_dir        /dev
        polling_interval 10
        default_selector        "round-robin 0"
        default_path_grouping_policy    multibus
        default_getuid_callout  "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
        default_prio_callout    "/bin/true"
        default_features        "0"
        rr_wmin_io              100
        failback                immediate
}
devnode_blacklist {
        devnode "hd*"
        devnode "fd*"
        devnode "ram*"
        devnode "md*"
}
devices {
        device {
                vendor                  "IBM     "
                product                 "2105            "
                path_grouping_policy    multibus
                path_checker            tur
        }
}