[dm-devel] device mapper cleanup

Dale.R.Fowle at seagate.com Dale.R.Fowle at seagate.com
Thu Apr 6 21:42:23 UTC 2006

Hi all, what can I use to clean up old device mapper entries. I've got some
devices sitting under /dev/mapper that do not get cleaned up after a
reboot. These devices no longer exist on my storage, yet they still show
up. I attempted a 'multipath -F' to flush the maps to all "unused" devices,
but it wound up only clearing the configuration of everything I had just
configured. Is there another command or tool I should be using to clean out
the device trees of these old devices? I'm running
multipath-tools0.4.5-0.11.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dale