[dm-devel] HSG80, DM, multipath issues

Christophe Varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Mon Apr 10 18:28:47 UTC 2006

>   a. (the big one!) Is there something I'm doing wrong, or a workaround, or something that would
>      help me get this up & running

You mostly got it right.

HP indeed is not interested in providing a firmware with LUN size
inquiry enabled for this array. So we are bound to  ugly workarounds.

The one I used is "force a bounce per LUN just after driver loading",
which this snippet does :

# cat read_ghost_capa
dummy_capa=2097152

for i in $(grep -rl $dummy_capa /sys/block/sd*/size|awk -F/ '{print $4}')
do
        sg_start -s 1 /dev/$i
        sleep 1
        echo 1>/sys/block/$i/device/rescan
done

The multipath tools are rightly refusing to deal with paths with unknown
size. This won't change.

That problem solved, you'll hit the next wall, which is the hardware
handler need for this array family.

Regards,
cvaroqui