[dm-devel] Multipath blacklisted devices

URZ- AG arsene.gschwind at unibas.ch
Thu Apr 20 17:57:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm using the latest git version of multipath-tools with a 2.6.16 kernel.
Today I've tried to blacklist a scsi device in the multipath.conf file
using the following entry:
        devnode "^(sda)[0-9]*"

This didn't work at all, it seems that multipath doesn't use the
blacklist entries found in multipatch.conf.
I've patched the source code to hardcode that device and this works well.
I've tried to debug the config loading but my C knowledge is too poor
and I haven't been able to find out whats wrong so far.
Any help for debugging would be greatly apreciated, I've tried to write
some code which dumps all entries read from the config file but it
didn't work so far.

Thanks for your time and great work,
Arsène