[dm-devel] qla2xxx and lun issue

Daryl Fenton dfenton at ucalgary.ca
Tue Dec 12 23:46:04 UTC 2006

hey,
we have multiple machines running multipath with rhel 4U3 and 4U4 and
using qla2xxx FC cards that are hooked upto a dell EMC CX700 SAN. When
we add LUNs to these machines it works fine. When we take them away
though they seem to see a ghost LUN of 1gb and it's of type LUN Z. These
cause the machine to hang on boot until you go into single user mode and
hit ctrl-c on boot up, after that you need to blacklist the mpath to the
lun that is no longer there. Is there any way to just blacklist all
things of type LUN Z? I was just wondering if anyone else has had this
issue/ knows of a fix being built.

thanks
Daryl