[dm-devel] Was: [patch 1/1] md/dm: Reduce stack usage with stacked block devices

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 12:45:41 UTC 2006

Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> My main concern is whether the timing changes implicit in this patch
> will make the rare data-corrupting races in the existing snapshot code
> more likely.

Haha!  Rare my a** :-).

> (I'm working on a fix for these races, but the unfinished
> patch is already several hundred lines long.)

Sounds cool.
A few questions, if you have the time:

* Do you think that there is only 1 data corruption bug in dm snapshot
and that the code is otherwise good (data consistency wise)?

* Is dm-snapshot being actively developed?

* Which organization/person is the main developer on dm-snapshot?

> It would be helpful if some people on this mailing list would test
> this patch in various scenarios and report back.

I'd be more than happy to test improvements to dm-snapshot.
Is this supposed to be one?

What's the codebase that this patch applies to?