[dm-devel] dm ioctl cmd 9 failed: Cannot allocate memory

Paul Reilly paul at astropaul.com
Sun Jul 16 04:08:06 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm getting various lvm/devmapper errors when creating and removing
snapshots on debian Sarge.

  device-mapper ioctl cmd 9 failed: Cannot allocate memory
  Couldn't load device 'myvg-www2_snapshot'.
  Unable to deactivate logical volume "myvg-www2_snapshot"

I can now no longer make changes to LVM volumes, my processes
just hang and are un-killable.

I am using:

 lvm2                            2.01.04-5
 libdevmapper1.01                1.01.00-4
 kernel 2.6.10

Is this a known bug in my version of devmapper?

This appears to be the latest version of LVM and device-mapper
in debian Sarge. Does anyone know if there are updates to fix this
issue?

What is the most stable devmapper I can get for this kernel?
I could perhaps install from source.

Thanks
Paul