[dm-devel] failover setup

Kevin Foote kevin.foote at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 12:25:00 UTC 2006

Hello
Im curious if I am on the correct path with setting up failover via
multipathd.

I am working with an ISCSI environment with a Qlogic (QLA4052c) HBA that
has two ports. My test target on the ISCSI storage
box is defined on both ports and shows up with a cat of /proc/scsi/scsi each
defined on their respecive controler.

I can get the devices to show up with the multipath -v2 command but after
that I'm shooting in the dark ..
/dev/dm-0 , dm-1 are there. But I cant seem to do anything with them. Im not
sure if i need to run dmsetup with a table or what.

Im running RHEL4u3

--
:wq!
kevin.foote