[dm-devel] path selector question

Brad Johnson bjohnson at proficientsolutionsinc.com
Tue Mar 21 15:40:36 UTC 2006

I am in the process of adding one or more new path selector types to the
device-mapper. While the dm-round-robin module gets automatically loaded
when multipath is started, my new module does not (I have to manually
add it with modprobe). I know there are many ways I can have this done
automatically, such as adding my own init script. But I am very curious
how the round-robin module is getting automatically loaded. I have
grepped through all the source code for multipath-tools and device-
mapper, as well as the config files for the tools. And while it might be
obvious how this is happening, I can't see it.
Any help with this will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad Johnson