[dm-devel] Multipath load balancing?

Stefan Bader Stefan.Bader at de.ibm.com
Wed May 10 11:29:56 UTC 2006

Some would make a diference between load-balancing and round-robin. The
currently
available round-robin selector switches paths based on a fix number of
requests that
have been sent to one path. Quite some time ago I posted a load-level path
selector
that tries to select a path also based on the number of requests that are
still being
processed. Unfortunately this also required some changes to the main code
and
Alasdair hasn't much time to integrate new features.

Regards,
Stefan

SW Linux on zSeries Development & Services
Stefan.Bader at de.ibm.com
  When all other means of communication fail, try words.