[dm-devel] dm-multipath has great throughput but we'd like more!

Jonathan E Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Thu May 18 07:25:13 UTC 2006

The system bus isn't a limiting factor is it?  64-bit PCI-X will get
8.5 GB/s (plenty), but 32-bit PCI 33MHz got 133MB/s.

Can your disks sustain that much bandwidth? 10 striped drives might get
better than 200MB/s if done right, I suppose.

Don't the switches run at 2 Gbits/s?  2 Gbits/s / 10 (throw in 2 bits
for protocol) ~= 200MB/s.

Could be a bunch of reasons...

  brassow