[dm-devel] Fw: MP Tools 0.4.7 kernel dependencies

Dale.R.Fowle at seagate.com Dale.R.Fowle at seagate.com
Thu Nov 2 21:37:11 UTC 2006

I guess I spoke too soon on this one. I tried upgrading to 0.4.7 (from
0.4.5-0.20) on some other hosts that didn't have any storage already
configured. When I did configure storage, I noticed that /dev/disk/by-name
does not get populated so I rebooted and noticed the same thing. So,
something between the device-mapper/multipath tools and udev is not
creating the symlinks that usually get created. The piece that does work is
that 'multipath' actually does take control of the devices and create
/dev/dm-* devices. So, I guess my revised question would be has something
in the kernel and it's interaction with udev changed,...and because of
that, MP Tools changed as well?

Thanks again,
Dale

Dale Fowle

----- Forwarded by Dale R Fowle/Seagate on 11/02/2006 02:19 PM -----

             Dale R
             Fowle/Seagate
                                       dm-devel at redhat.com
                                                                        cc
             11/02/2006 09:13
                                       MP Tools 0.4.7 kernel dependencies

Hi all, I was just wondering what specifically the 0.4.7 version of MP
Tools requires from a kernel rev. of 2.6.10 or higher. I'm running on SLES
9, which is stuck on a 2.6.5-x rev, but the functionality of 0.4.7 seems to
be working fine for me so far.

Thanks,
Dale

Dale Fowle