[dm-devel] multipath.conf don't being read

Dave Wysochanski dave.wysochanski at redhat.com
Mon Nov 27 04:45:04 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 22:18 +0100, Claudio Tassini wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to understand how dm works on a RHEL 4u4, ( and RHCS and
> GFS too). I have two QLC HBAs connected to a Sun Storage 3510 via a
> couple of SANBOX2 switches. Initially I uncommented all the entries in
> the configuration file to make some test and I manage to discover the
> three luns which where recognized correctly whit their path:

It is most likely because there is an entry in the multipath code for
your array.  From what you say I'm guessing this is probably it (from
libmultipath/hwtable.c):
	r += store_hwe(hw, "SUN", "StorEdge 3510", MULTIBUS, DEFAULT_GETUID);

If you want to override the code setting, you have to put a specific
"device" section into /etc/multipath.conf, e.g.
devices {

       device {
               vendor                  "SUN"
               product                 "StorEdge 3510"
               path_grouping_policy    failover
               getuid_callout          "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s"
       }
}