[dm-devel] SCSI Sense patch

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Tue Sep 5 15:10:05 UTC 2006

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 01:59:51PM +0000, bart brooks wrote:
> I have been using for sometime Axboe?s SCSI sense data patches, which make
> available the sense data in the bio end_io path and the dm-mpath?s
> hw_handler. They work very nice.
> When will the show up in RHEL 4, in update 5 or later?

Unfortunately not because (1) upstream has decided not to use them but
to work towards an alternative way of achieving the same goal; and
(2) the patches involve a change to an important data structure that
might cause pre-compiled modules unconnected with device-mapper to cause
corruption.

Alasdair
agk at redhat.com