[dm-devel] dm-userspace (no in-kernel cache version)

Dan Smith danms at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 12 16:31:23 UTC 2006

FT> I've attached a modified version of your example program in
FT> libdmu.

What kind of machine are you testing this on?

On an x86_64 box, the kernel and userspace do not seem to communicate
at all (userspace reports invalid event types).

On an i386 box, the communication seems to work, but if I mkfs the
device, then try to mount it, it reports that the superblock is gone.
An fsck finds a backup superblock, but then something hangs and it
never completes.

Both machines are SMP.

Thoughts?

--