[dm-devel] (no subject)

ted creedon tcreedon at easystreet.com
Fri Sep 15 19:36:16 UTC 2006

For what its worth, using SuSE 10.1

1. Set up e Nvidia SATA raids in the bios slots 2 and 3 in the controller,
slot 1 is linux
2. Devices look like /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1 on boot
3. run YaST it detects /dev/sdb and sdc as raid
4. use YaST partitioner to make /dev/md0 a mirror raid for sdb and sdc
5. /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdc1 disappear and are replaced with /dev/md0

tedc