[dm-devel] Problem when creating snashots

Milan Broz mbroz at redhat.com
Wed Sep 27 10:36:21 UTC 2006

The problem with limited number of snapshots is caused by the using
big common mempool in dm-io module.
(This can happen even you have a lot of free memory...)

There are new dm-io patches which introduce new dm-io interface
(using private mempools) and solving this type of snapshot limitation.

Patches are currently in review and will probably change a bit,
but I hope it will in 2.6.19 kernel.

Milan

mbroz at redhat.com