[dm-devel] RH 4 and HSG80

Eric Ritchie eritchie at interactivebrokers.com
Wed Aug 1 14:53:55 UTC 2007

I trying to setup multipathing with HSG80s on a Redhat 4 update 5 host.
I have it mostly working, the problem I'm having is that the 2 disks
I've created on the HSGs only go through one controller. I set the
preferred path for each disk to use a different controller but dm always
sets them to go through just one. I also can't find a way to move a disk
to the other controller, I thought multipathd -k switch would work but
it doesn't. Does anyone have RedHat4 and HSG80s working properly with
multipathing? Here is my multipath.conf file and multipath -ll output:

defaults {
        user_friendly_names yes
}

defaults {
        udev_dir                /dev
        polling_interval        10
        selector                "round-robin 0"
        path_grouping_policy    multibus
        getuid_callout          "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
        prio_callout            /bin/true
        path_checker            readsector0
        rr_min_io               100
        rr_weight               priorities
        failback                immediate
        no_path_retry           fail
        user_friendly_name      yes
        features                "1 queue_if_no_path"
}
devnode_blacklist {
        devnode "^(ram|raw|loop|fd|md|dm-|sr|scd|st)[0-9]*"
        devnode "^hd[a-z]"
        devnode "^cciss!c[0-9]d[0-9]*"
}

multipaths {
        multipath {
                wwid                    360001fe1000d85f000039341397602d2
                alias                   disk1
                path_grouping_policy    multibus
                path_checker            readsector0
                path_selector           "round-robin 0"
                failback                manual
                rr_weight               priorities
                no_path_retry           5
        }
        multipath {
                wwid                    360001fe1000d85f0000393413976024b
                alias                   disk2
                path_grouping_policy    multibus
                path_checker            readsector0
                path_selector           "round-robin 0"
                failback                manual
                rr_weight               priorities
                no_path_retry           5
        }
}
devices {
        device {
                vendor                  DEC
                product                 HSG80
                path_grouping_policy    group_by_serial
                getuid_callout          "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
                path_checker            hp_sw
                features                "1 queue_if_no_path"
        }
        device {
                vendor                  DEC
                product                 "HSG80    (C) DEC"
                path_grouping_policy    group_by_serial
                getuid_callout          "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
                path_checker            hp_sw
                features                "1 queue_if_no_path"
        }
}

[root at lin380g5-ib etc]# multipath -ll
disk2 (360001fe1000d85f0000393413976024b)
[size=339 GB][features="1 queue_if_no_path"][hwhandler="0"]
\_ round-robin 0 [active]
 \_ 0:0:4:11 sdb 8:16  [active][ready]
 \_ 0:0:5:11 sdd 8:48  [active][ghost]
 \_ 1:0:4:11 sdf 8:80  [active][ready]
 \_ 1:0:5:11 sdh 8:112 [active][ghost]

disk1 (360001fe1000d85f000039341397602d2)
[size=67 GB][features="1 queue_if_no_path"][hwhandler="0"]
\_ round-robin 0 [active]
 \_ 0:0:4:20 sda 8:0   [active][ready]
 \_ 0:0:5:20 sdc 8:32  [active][ghost]
 \_ 1:0:4:20 sde 8:64  [active][ready]