[dm-devel] dm-rdac not working?

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Tue Aug 28 06:28:41 UTC 2007

* Chandra Seetharaman

> In RDAC mode, tur will always fail on the passive path. You do not see
> that ?

   No, TUR works completely fine on the passive paths.  Only thing that
  distinguishes a passive path from an active one is that all actual I/O
  fails.  All "meta"-I/O, like TEST UNIT READY, INQUIRY, READ CAPACITY,
  and so on, works fine.

> You mean mpath_prio_tpc from 0.4.7 ? I use it all the time in both RDAC
> and AVT mode with no issues.

   It works fine, it just prints an error message to stderr "Auto-volume
  Transfer not enabled", which kind of messed up the output from
  multipath -ll.  So there's just cosmetic reasons for using
  mpath_prio_rdac over mpath_prio_tpc.

   root at atalanta:~# /sbin/mpath_prio_tpc /dev/sdg
   Auto-volume Transfer not enabled6
   root at atalanta:~# /usr/local/sbin/mpath_prio_rdac /dev/sdg
   3

> oops :)... attached

   Since my problem is fixed by the patch pointed to by Brian De Wolf I
  assume you're no longer interested in this debug.  Tell me if you are.

   Thanks for your help!

Regards
--
Tore Anderson