[dm-devel] Configuring multipath for root device

Pradipmaya Maharana pradipmaya at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 16:46:41 UTC 2007

Hi,

Pardon my knowledge on Linux, but in your article did you mean that
the /boot should be on a local disk and /root, swap can be on
multipath device.

I am trying to install /boot, /root and swap all on one multipath
device and try to boot from it. It does not boot, no error just blank
screen. My equirement is to install everything on multipath device; so
is it possible at all? I mean can I have the boot device (/boot) too
on a multipath device.

Following is what I tried on RHEL
 - selected "linux mpath"
 - I could see one local disk and 3 multipath devices
 - I chose custom partition type
 - instead of going for LVM, I selected one single multipath device
and installed everything on it (/boot, / and swap).
 - Tried rebooting, it won't boot :(

What am I missing here?

Thanks and Regards,
Pradipmaya.