[dm-devel] [patch 1/3] Extremely basic hp hardware handler (no retries, no error handling, etc).

Mike Christie michaelc at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Jul 31 03:35:34 UTC 2007

Chandra Seetharaman wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 16:08 -0500, Mike Christie wrote:
>> Chandra Seetharaman wrote:
>>> Hi Dave,
>>>
>>> some coding style related comments (below).

>>> Mixed use of space and tab for indentation (many other places too).
>>>
>> Where is that rule for this type of plcae?
>
> Documentation/CodingStyle:
> "Outside of comments, documentation and except in Kconfig, spaces are
> never used for indentation, and the above example is deliberately
> broken."

Ah I see. I still think it is ok for this type of case though. Well, the
above chunk of code should actually be tabbed because it lines up
perfectly (I think there are 8 spaces in the above snippet), but some of
the other places are not. checkpatch.pl did not care about the others
and it looks like reviewers like Andrew Morton did not care about some
of the wierder spacing used in dm-mpath-rdac which did not fit the
coding style doc or the existing code :)

If we are getting all picky about that coding style I guess Dave should
run scripts/checkpatch.pl over his patches, because I think there are
some other issues.