[dm-devel] Device mapper devices not created before fsck at boot

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jun 19 21:45:37 UTC 2007

Wilson, Christopher J wrote:
> I have a system(s) which is failing to fsck /dev/mapper/<wwn> devices
> during boot time.  The dev-mapper devices are not created from the time
> dmsetup is run in rc.sysinit until the device fsck is run (next block).
> The only device in /dev/mapper is /dev/mapper/control, none of the <wwn>
> devices exist before fsck attempts to run.  I have put in a "sleep 10"
> in between the two code blocks and this has worked on one system and not
> others.
<snip>

If you intend to make a new post, please make a new post; do not reply
to an existing message, change the subject line, and delete all quotes.
  Doing this causes the message to show up as part of the thread you
replied to, which may case people to never see it if they are ignoring
that thread, and confuses people when they see your completely unrelated
message when they are reading the original thread and are expecting the
discussion to remain on the same topic.