[dm-devel] CLARiiON failover modes and DM.

Paul Cote paul.cote at incipient.com
Mon Nov 19 20:20:14 UTC 2007

Tore

I have found the definitions of all CX failover modes. The SAN admin
assigned failover mode 3. Will DM support option 3 assuming that I
follow EMC's guidance wrt the appropriate settings for the CX in
multipath.conf? ... Or should we reassign the failover mode to 1 per
your email? It seems to me that the path state status will differ
significantly based on the failover modes; specifically 1 or 3. We don't
have FLARE 26 so ALUA mode is N/A.

The failover definitions are:
1) Passive not ready; a command failure when I/O issued to non-owning
SP.
2) quiet trespass on I/O to non-owning SP
3) passive always ready; some commands (TUR) return "passive always
ready" status.