[dm-devel] Re: Bug in dm-stripe.c driver

Wood, Brian J brian.j.wood at intel.com
Wed Nov 21 20:23:32 UTC 2007

Ok, I did see that call to alloc_context() and it looked like the
kmalloc call was declaring enough memory to house all the drives in the
stripe (so I wasn't worried that it would overwrite anything outside the
driver's memory space). When I did my testing I noticed that if I put my
declarations above this line it worked correctly, I just thought it
might have been a logic error.

Would it be ok to add a comment above (or below) the line "struct stripe
stripe[0];" just to prevent developers down the road from seeing this
strange behavior if they add a field?

Thanks

>Alasdair
>--
>agk at redhat.com

Brian Wood
Software Engineer
Intel Corp., Manageability & Platform Software Division
brian.j.wood at intel.com