[dm-devel] path priorities on Sun's 6140

James Fillman JFillman at cucbc.com
Fri Sep 21 22:55:47 UTC 2007

Ok, I've made the attempt to install all the necessary RHEL5.1 beta
rpm's to get rdac working and unfortunately I had roll back. I had to
install a bunch of gfs, cluster, and lvm rpm's, along with the new
kernel and it seemed to work at first. I then fired up my cluster and it
was very unstable.

I've downloaded and compiled the latest multipath source (0.4.8). Now I
need to compile the rdac hardware handler against my current kernel
source. Can anyone provide me with the latest, patched source?

Tore, I know you have it! After scanning through the posts, it looks
like you've had the same problems I have and you're running the same
hardware(Sun 6140). I could really use your help getting rdac working.
Redhat totally gave me the cold shoulder when I opened a ticket with
them. At this point, I need to keep the stock redhat kernel but am
willing to build all the multipath stuff against it. I've got all the
userland stuff compiled. Now I'm hoping I can get instructions on how to
compile the rdac hw handler against my kernel.

Thanks,
--james