[dm-devel] Scaling with 4 NICs and Multibus

Thomas Wenzel thomas.wenzel at escape-germany.de
Tue Apr 15 17:43:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

I try to set up multipath on four iscsi connections.
(iStor gigastor + Fedora Core 8).

The transfer rate with one iscsi connection is 110 MB/s.
If I load balancing over two or four connections I get not more than 110 MB/s. But I see the traffic going fine thru all connections on host side and san side. Balancing works but too slow.

I set up w2003srv r2 with mpio on a second host - rate there is 280 MB/s with four nics.

Is it possible to get rates higher than one the rate on nic?

Regards Thomas

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas F. Wenzel
ESC58 - eine Kooperation der Firmen escape GmbH und fiftyeight GmbH www.esc58.de