[dm-devel] device mapper configurations

Brian De Wolf bldewolf at csupomona.edu
Wed Jan 2 18:19:21 UTC 2008

Domenico Viggiani wrote:
> [...]

They should be expected, since you can't read the passive link, but it's only
failing on sector 0 which sounds like udev is trying to read the partition
table.  I think I remember fixing this behavior on a test box (that's long gone,
now, so I can't look it up) by fiddling with the udev rules to not bother
scanning the multipathed (i.e. fiber channel) devices.

Sorry for the lack of specifics, but it's been a while, and I wasn't very
specific in my own notes about what I did.  They should be preventable, though,
if I remember right.