[dm-devel] Need Help

Pradipmaya Maharana pradipmaya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 22:43:59 UTC 2008

I am not sure it it will help here but could you try this:

1. rename the exisiting multipath.conf to something (say multipath.conf.org)
2. create a new /etc/multipath.conf (blank file, do not copy it from
other multipath.conf.* files)
3. Copy the following content into it:
defaults {
        user_friendly_names yes
        selector   "round-robin 0"
}

devnode_blacklist {
        wwid 3600508e000000000ed7fb52911133c06
        devnode "^(ram|raw|loop|fd|md|sr|scd|st)[0-9]*"
        devnode "^hd[a-z]"
}
4. reboot
5. lsmod | grep dm (it must show dm-multipath loaded)
6. run multipath -ll

We had a similar issue where the multipath.conf file won't be read
whatever you do, bu it went away after creating a new file (instead of
copying). Though weird, worth giving it a try.

Regards,
Pradipmaya.