[dm-devel] multipath device name

Erez Zilber erezz at voltaire.com
Mon Jan 28 20:22:54 UTC 2008

> Yes, I meant the above. Check if you have any problems with your
> multipath.conf file. Make sure you enclose "multipath {}" within
> "multipaths {}" block. Run 'multipath -t' and make sure your changes are
> listed in its output.
>
> What is your multipath.conf file?

Problem solved:
I copied /usr/share/doc/packages/multipath-tools/multipath.conf.annotated and uncommented the block with the "red" device. The problem is that I didn't remove the comments from 'multipaths {' and the '}' at the end of the block. After uncommenting it, I see /dev/mapper/red.

Any idea about the other question that I had on this thread (about slow and strange fail over)? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Erez