[dm-devel] Multipath and getuid_callout issues with HPXP1024disk array

malahal at us.ibm.com malahal at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 30 20:11:15 UTC 2008

Greene, Rick [rick.greene at ncogroup.com] wrote:
> getuid = /sbin/xpdisk %n (internal default)
> error calling out /sbin/xpdisk sda
> uid =  (callout)

It prints your getuid call as "internal default", that is odd.  That
looks like a bug if you are just changing multipath.conf. I just tested
my SLES10 SP1 system (multipath-tools-0.4.7-34.18) with /sbin/uid shell
script that contains the following two lines. The first line is needed,
do you have that in your shell script?

#!/bin/sh
echo $1

It woks and few lines of multipath -v3 output:

sda: serial = 3EL0585G00007115JK65
sda: getprio = NULL (internal default)
sda: prio = 1
sda: getuid = /sbin/uid %n (config file default)
sda: uid = sda (callout)