[dm-devel] Multipath and getuid_callout issueswithHPXP1024disk array

malahal at us.ibm.com malahal at us.ibm.com
Thu Jan 31 18:32:35 UTC 2008

Greene, Rick [rick.greene at ncogroup.com] wrote:
> Thanks for the answers Malahal, you are a credit to the open source
> community!
>
> Not sure I understand your comment here, can you clarify?
>
> >Greene, Rick [rick.greene at ncogroup.com] wrote:
> >> create: mpath0 (05:83)
> >> [size=13 GB][features="0"][hwhandler="0"]
> >> \_ round-robin 0
> >>  \_ 1:0:0:0 sda 8:0   [ready]
> >> \_ round-robin 0
> >>  \_ 2:0:0:0 sde 8:64  [ready]
> >
> >The above out displays two states for me. Maybe your version only
> >displays one.

Thank you for the kind words!  On my system, the following is the output.
Notice that the "undef" state is printed as "DM state" of the device. Maybe,
your version of multipath tool doesn't print if it is "undef"

create: mpath3 (320000004cf311021)  IBM-ESXS,ST318453FC
[size=17G][features=0][hwhandler=0]
\_ round-robin 0 [prio=1][undef]
 \_ 0:0:4:0 sde 8:64  [undef][ready]
\_ round-robin 0 [prio=1][undef]